The E27 was created for the need of a high quality modular equalizer. High performance, versatility, ease of use, and simplicity is the initial core of the E27’s design. Some of the best analog gear from the past was the inspiration for its character in sound. Outstanding quality and most suitable parts are used throughout – gold-plated switches, high performance capacitors, high-quality transformers, and custom machined aluminum knobs.
Today’s engineers deal with many different types of recording equipment from older high-end analog gear to the newest digitally controlled recording equipment. With this in mind, the E27 can interface easily with many types of gear including balanced or unbalanced sources, high or low impedance loads, even unbalanced loads.
The level knob controls up to 16 db’s of cut and boost but for those who only need a few db’s, the travel of the pot starts slow and speeds up at the extremes giving the user more fine control at levels of 6 db’s or less. Knob positions are not only easy to see from a distance but are also felt – the level pot knob has a small point so you know where you are without looking at the eq. The outer frequency control knob has a knurled texture for ease of grip.
- Standard 500 series modular size 1.5″ x 5.25″
- Gain range from 0dB – 64dB in 4dB steps for recall-ability
- Input Trim control for fine control of gain
- TransDrive™ circuitry for slight saturation at peaks
- Utilizes the discrete 1122 op-amp known for depth and resolution
- All discrete design with Class A buffer amplifier
- Wide bandwidth, high headroom, very low noise
- NO PAD, NO IC’s, and NO Surface Mount Components
- Line Input to interface with DAW’s
- Phase reverse, and filtered 48V phantom power
- High Pass Filter using a gentle slope for natural bass roll-off (-3dB @ 80Hz)
- 10 Meg-ohm high impedance DI input great for all instrument pickups
- SEND feature to run signal through stomp boxes for variety of effects
- Perfect for using as a re-amplification device